QuickBooks can be integrated with hundreds of apps, including many email services like WebMail, Outlook, Hotmail, Yahoo mail, and QuickBooks Email. This is a significant feature in QuickBooks that can help achieve a lot of tasks conveniently such as effectively managing client orders, send invoices, payment reminders, sync contacts, and share data securely. But, a lot of customers report QuickBooks email not working issues such as failure to send invoices, estimates, or POS while using an email in QuickBooks. Here we have covered the most reported issues and common errors in QuickBooks Email with their solution.
QUICKBOOKS IS UNABLE TO SEND YOUR EMAILS TO OUTLOOK
While sending emails through Outlook, users may see this error: QuickBooks is unable to send your emails to Outlook.
What Causes “QuickBooks Unable to Send Emails to Outlook”
Usually, this is just a settings issue, however, there may be other factors contributing to the error:
• Wrong or invalid email settings
• Damaged MAP132.dll file
• Running QuickBooks as an administrator
• A recent installation of QuickBooks may have damaged components
• Damaged Outlook or Outlook running separately in the background
- Turn off the admin-mode
- From the QuickBooks Symbol on the desktop screen select Open file location
- Right-click on QuickBooks.exe file>> Select Properties>> Compatibility
- Uncheck the option – Run this program as Administrator >> Apply>> OK
- Close this window and restart QuickBooks and try to send an email again
2. Check Your Email Preference
- Run Outlook and sign in to it before checking this
Click on Edit menu>> Preferences>> Send Forms>> Click onMy Preferences tab>> Send Form>> Outlook>> OK
Now try to send the email again, and if the issue persists, then toggle your email preference by following the same step to set the preference OFF again. Once again repeat the same steps to turn it ON. Then restart the computer and open QB to send a test mail and see if the issue is resolved, else move to further steps below.
3. Select Outlook as Your Default Email App Internet Explorer
QuickBooks uses Internet Explorer to run web services by automatically launching iexplore.exe file. You need to check and reset the email preference in the internet explorer.
• Click on the 3 horizontal bars at the top right of internet explorer
• Go to settings>>Tools>>Internet Options (you don’t see this options, then select Settings gear icon directly and proceed)
• Select the Programs tab>> Select Set Programs
• Click on Set your default programs>> Select Outlook
• Click switch anyway in Windows 10
• Select Apply and then OK
4. Update Outlook
• Open MS Outlook>> Select File>> Office Account>> About Outlook
• Check your build number, and ensure it is at least 12527.20242. If it is lower like 12527.20194, there may be a bug preventing emails from being sent through outlook. For older versions, there would be an option available to click on the Update Options>> Update Now.
• Once your outlook is updated, try sending an email again from QuickBooks
5. Check and Repairing MAPI32.dll File
MAPI32.dll is a protocol that acts as a bridge between MS Office and QuickBooks that help in integration and messaging communication. Issues with it may cause integration problems and errors while sending emails. First, try sending a document as a PDF attachment by clicking on the Mailing menu and if the Outlook opens with without an error, then you can contact our technical support for further help. However, if it’s followed by an error message, then this confirms that the MAPI32.dll file is damaged. You can try to Repair MAPI32.dll and rename it.
MAPI32.dll is a protocol that acts as a bridge between MS Office and QuickBooks that help in integration and messaging communication. Issues with it may cause integration problems and errors while sending emails. First, try sending a document as a PDF attachment by clicking on the Mailing menu and if the Outlook opens with without an error, then you can contact our technical support for further help. However, if it’s followed by an error message, then this confirms that the MAPI32.dll file is damaged. You can try to
Repair MAPI32.dll and rename it.
• Close all running processes & Open the Windows Explorer ( by pressing Windows + E keys together)
• Open the folder – C:\Windows\System32>> Find the Fixmapi.exe folder and double click on it and follow the instructions
• Once the process is complete, restart the system
- Open Windows Explorer>> Open the folder – C:\\Program Files(x86)\Common Files\System\MSMAPI\1033
- Right-click on the dll file>> Select Rename from the drop-down
- Add a name like OLD at the end of this file name (like dll.OLD) Restart the system>> Run exe again>> after the process is complete, restart the system
5. Clean Install of Your QuickBooks
Update QuickBooks through the QuickBooks Clean Install Tool. This will automatically rename all your old install folders and add new install files later automatically when you reinstall.
• Open QuickBooks Tools Hub>> Choose Installation Issues>> Select Clean Install Tool>> OK>> Continue
• Select your QuickBooks desktop version and product version.
• You will see a message – “Please install your copy of QuickBooks to the default location.”
• Install and Activate QuickBooks Desktop
QUICKBOOKS GMAIL NOT WORKING
While emailing from a Google account you may see this error: ‘Sign in attempt prevented’ when you try to sign in to the Gmail in QuickBooks. This means that the security of your Google account may get comprised as the email app doesn’t meet the modern security standards. How to Fix Gmail Not Working issue With QuickBooks
• Open the Internet Browser>> Sign in to your Google Account
• Go to My Account>> Choose Connected apps & sites
• Intuit QuickBooks will show in the ‘Apps connected to your account’ but it should be the QuickBooks Online that should be used to connect with Gmail so ignore it.
• Then Click on Security>> Basic settings >> Less secure apps>> select the Enforce access to less secure apps
• You can also enable new device to access the Gmail
• Also turn off the 2-step verification on Gmail
• Once done, you can try attaching a document in a PDF format and send it to see if the issue is resolved.
Gmail couldn’t sign you in from QuickBooks Desktop
Follow all the steps sequentially to resolve the QuickBooks Gmail couldn’t sign you in from QuickBooks Errors. However, if you face further issues, you can visit to our website at the 24/7 . We have the latest tools to perform a series of tests to reach to the root cause of any issue in QuickBooks. We are known for our least turnaround time and for providing credible solutions to all QuickBooks errors.